Most homeowners call us regarding mold in their home and it is usually caused by these four reason
Do not fear, there are a couple of options on how to solve your issue on removing mold! One option you can do is contact a certified mold inspector or contractor and let them guide you through the process. If the mold is easily seen, this can be a good option for you. The other option is to contact an industrial hygienist who will inspect your home and test the air quality. An industrial hygienist will give you an explanation of the lab results and provide a scope of work on what needs to be done to remove the mold. A certification letter will then be given to you after the work is done so that you can sleep better at night knowing your home is mold free.
One mistake that homeowners make is hiring a testing company that takes air samples. Testing companies are not qualified to provide an explanation or the results of the lab work or provide a scope of work for proper mold removal. It you hire a company who comes into your home and uses words like “toxic”, “hazardous”, and “dangerous” beware. Often times this is a scare tactic used to drive up the cost of the job. One last thing. It is never an accepted practice for a testing company to do their own mold removal. If either of these things happen with a contractor, always get a second opinion or call an industrial hygienist.