Helpful Tips Before Leaving on a TripLeave a Comment
It is that time of year when we start thinking about getting away on vacation. Below are some tips that you can use to keep your home safe when leaving on a trip.
- Be cautious who you tell that you are going away.
- Use timers to turn on and off your lights and TV.
- Be sure to lock all doors and windows including your basement and shed.
- Keep all valuables locked in a safety deposit box.
- Have a neighbor park their car in your driveway.
- Install an outdoor motion sensor light.
- Make arrangements for your mail.
- Make arrangements for your newspaper.
- Call your home security company to advise them of your plans.
- Turn off your water at the main shut-off.
- Turn off ice makers.
- Turn off the humidifier/ dehumidifier.
- Unplug the water softener.
- Turn your hot water heater to the vacation setting.
- Set your thermostat at desired level.
By following these tips you can relax and enjoy your trip knowing that your home is safe and sound.